Just a reminder that this coming Saturday, June 20, will be the last Saturday we are open before moving to our summer hours meaning that for the duration of the summer we will be closed on Saturdays. All other hours of operation remain the same. Have a great summer!
The Watervliet Public Library has just received a gift of 100 new children’s books, ranging from pre-kindergarten through early readers. These books were a donation from the Brownstone Book Fund, a private foundation in New York City, interested in fostering early reading, a love of books and encouraging parents and children to read together. Come to the library today to explore and enjoy our new collection!
In the coming weeks, the Upper Hudson Library System will be rolling out our new integrated catalog and circulation system. The “go-live” date for this system is March 31st.
- What does this mean for you?
After we migrate to the new system, lists created under your patron account will be erased. To keep a copy, go to your “My List” page under your account and email it to yourself or print it.
- Requested items that you have suspended in the current catalog may become active.
- Most importantly – some library services, such as registering for a card, requesting or renewing items, and other account management services may be interrupted in the weeks and days leading up to the migration.
- This new catalog will offer a range of improvements, including options for emailing receipts, easier catalog searching and requesting items, better electronic notifications, saving your checkout history, enhanced account security, and more.
- All item requests placed after March 21st will be suspended until the new system is activated on the 31st.
Your patience and understanding as this new software is rolled out is very much appreciated.
We have partnered with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance (DTF) to help you file both your state and federal taxes for free! Throughout the season you can schedule an appointment to come to the library and file your own income tax returns free of charge with the guidance of a DTF employee. If your income was below $60,000 last year then you are qualified to take advantage of this terrific program.
This partnership allows us to fulfill our mission of being a resource to the community by helping you to file your taxes in the most secure and accurate way. The easy to follow interview-style program will help ensure you get all of the credits you deserve. Most importantly, if you e-file your return, you will receive your refund twice as fast as someone who filed a paper return!
Call (518) 274-4471 or stop in today to make an appointment!